Wow your guests this holiday season with these amazing bacon-wrapped, honey-glazed carrots! They’re saucy and tender with the perfect mix of sweet and savory!
Carrots make the best sides! Garlic butter parmesan, brown butter honey, and honey orange carrots are all impeccable. These flavors pair so well with soft and sweet baked carrots! You’ll have to try them at your next dinner.
Easy Bacon Wrapped Carrots With Honey Glaze Recipe
Carrots are one of my favorite vegetables to use as a side because they’re so versatile! Their soft but tender texture plus sweet flavor makes them perfect for so many different dishes. It’s the best! For today’s recipe, I’ve taken this versatile veggie and wrapped it in bacon, then smothered it in a honey glaze. Need I say more? Once baked, these simple ingredients combine to create an absolutely mouthwatering side. Bacon-wrapped, honey-glazed carrots are tender, saucy, and full of flavor! Easy and delicious, they just might snag a spot at your Christmas dinner this year!
The great thing about choosing carrots as your side, too, is that they’re full of antioxidants and beta carotene! Tender, delicious veggies that also fight disease and support healthy organs? Count me in! You’re going to love everything about these tasty bacon-wrapped carrots! They’re right up there with some of my all-time favorite veggie side dishes- lemon honey garlic asparagus and garlic parmesan green beans. I’m sure you’ll love them as much as I do! They’re scrumptious and hearty and look amazing on a dinner plate.
Ingredients for Bacon Wrapped Carrots
Only 5 simple ingredients are needed to make these bad boys! It’s as easy as it gets. If you’re looking for measurements, they can all be found in the recipe card below!
- Whole Carrots: Using whole carrots makes them easier to wrap with bacon! It’s super easy, just peel, wrap and bake!
- Bacon: I use thin-sliced bacon in this recipe, but feel free to experiment with your favorite kind!
- Honey: For the sweet, amazing glaze!
- Salt & Pepper: Add to taste. Salt and pepper helps to balance sweetness.
- Fresh Parsley: The perfect aromatic finishing touch! Makes the dish look pretty, too!
Let’s Bake These Carrots!
If preparing Christmas dinner is starting to feel a bit hectic, this recipe is for you! It’s super simple, just peel your carrots, wrap, and throw them in the oven! This is one of my go-to recipes for feeding large crowds because of how easy it is to make.
- Preheat Oven, Prep Pan: Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Wash and Peel: Select 12 carrots of similar size and thickness from the package. Wash and peel carrots. Leave the carrots whole, do not cut the ends off.
- Wrap: Next, wrap a piece of bacon tightly around each carrot. Overlap the ends so the bacon is secured. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast: Place on the prepared baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes or until carrots are soft and bacon is starting to crisp.
- Prepare Glaze: In a microwaveable bowl, warm the honey for 20 seconds to help make the honey easier to glaze. Brush the carrots with the warm honey.
- Caramelize: Return the carrots back to the oven for the last 5 minutes. Remove when the honey starts to bubble and the bacon is golden and crisp. If you want the bacon crispier, you can turn the oven to broil for about 1 minute, but watch it very closely or it will burn.
- Garnish and Serve: Lastly, remove carrots from the oven and serve! If desired, garnish bacon wrapped carrots with fresh chopped parsley.
Making the Best Carrots
Here are a few easy ways to upgrade and customize your bacon-wrapped honey-glazed carrots! Everyone in my house absolutely loves these, I’m sure it will be the same with you and yours!
- Use a Grill: Instead of baking your carrots, you can also grill or smoke them! Cook directly on the grill grates. It gives them an added smoky, delicious flavor!
- Swap Honey: Maple syrup can be used in place of honey for a different variation of this dish. It gives the carrots an almost caramel-like flavor!
- Make it Low-Carb: If you want a low-carb version of this side dish, omit the honey glaze. You’re still left with a hearty, flavorful treat!
- Adding Herbs: In addition to salt and pepper, you can add other herbs to boost the flavor of your carrots! I like adding aromatics like rosemary and basil. A touch of cinnamon or nutmeg also works great, especially for the holidays!
These yummy baked carrots go with just about anything, but I particularly like to serve them with meat dishes! They’re the perfect side for chicken, beef, pork, fish, you name it! You’ll create a meal worthy of a fancy steakhouse!
Storing Leftover Bacon Wrapped Honey Glazed Carrots
These amazing carrots are best served right out of the oven, but here’s how to enjoy them a few days after!
- In the Refrigerator: Store bacon wrapped carrots in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Reheating: You can reheat your carrots on the stove over medium heat or pop them in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until warm.