Hot Corn Dip is super cheesy, packed with flavor and such a crowd pleaser. This always one of the first dips to disappear!
This Corn Dip is a good companion to Crispy Fried Pickles and Cream Cheese Wontons for appetizers that are sure to be a favorite, but are a little different than your average artichoke dip. You will love this!
Hot Corn Dip
Sweet luscious corn is combined with savory peppers and spices and then intertwined with ooey gooey cheese. What’s not to love? It’s fairly simple and the ingredients are adaptable. It’ll be your go-to appetizer for parties, gatherings, and holidays. People will be asking you to bring this to your next event.
The wonderful thing about this is you can make it year round. It’s bright and colorful and full of tantalizing flavors. I love this appetizer because it’s different from your typical dips and it’s so GOOD! It’s surprisingly tasty, and oh so addicting. Good luck getting it to the table before it’s gone!
Corn Dip Ingredients
Simple ingredients, dynamite taste! Don’t let this list intimate you, all the flavors become amazing once mixed together.
- Olive oil: This is to sauté the onion, red pepper and jalapeños pepper.
- Onion: Dice the onion finely, not huge chunks
- Red Pepper: Finely chop the pepper so it’s easier to dip
- Jalapeños: Use Serrano peppers if you want a spicier dish
- Corn: Sweet and savory all at the same time
- Cream Cheese: Soften your cream cheese before using
- Sour Cream: Add a lovely depth and creaminess
- Colby Jack Cheese: You’ll divide your cheese and use it two different times
- Chili Powder, Garlic Powder, Paprika: Perfect combo of spices for this hot dip.
- Salt and Pepper: To taste!
- Green Onion: Slice these up to garnish
Making Hot Corn Dip
A little bit of prep and a little bit of cooking makes for a whole lot of eating!
- Sauté: In a medium saucepan heat the olive oil and saute the onion and peppers till just tender
- Mix: In a medium bowl mix the peppers, corn, cream cheese, sour cream, spices and 1 cup of cheese. Stir till combined
- Bake: Spread the mixture in a lightly greased 2 quart casserole dish or cast iron skillet. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese and bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 min, till hot and bubbly. Garnish with green onions
Cheesy Hot Corn Dip Tips and Variations
- Corn:The great thing about this recipe is you can use fresh, canned or even frozen corn. For a deeper rich caramelized flavor sauté your corn before adding it to the dip.
- Heat: Add more jalapeños or leave some of the seeds in if you want it spicier.
- Green Chilies: You can add a can of green chilies for a bigger flavor and kick.
- Spices: To add different zing, try subbing out the chili powder for Chipotle chili powder. Change out the paprika for smoked paprika for an intense smoky flavor. Add cumin too for an extra Mexican spice punch.
- Cheese: The cheese can be substituted. You can use cheddar, pepper jack or Monterey jack cheese or a mixture of them all.
- Sour Cream: If you don’t have sour cream you can use Mayonnaise instead, but do not use Miracle Whip. Honestly that would ruin it.
- Make ahead: You can easily put this together and throw it in the fridge till you need it. When ready pop it in the oven and cook as directed. You may need a bit longer to get the center done if it’s been cold long.
What to Serve with Corn Dip
- Tortilla Chips
- Potato Chips
Slow Cooker Corn Dip
You can make this in the slow cooker if that works best for you. Throw the ingredients into your slow cooker and cook on low for 1-2 hours till bubbly. Turn to warm and serve. It’s kind of nice to use a slow cooker to serve from because it will keep it warm and gooey during your event.
More Delish Dipping Appetizers
Everyone loves to dip things, try these for your next party.