Cinnamon Roll Pancakes are a delicious homemade pancake mix swirled with cinnamon roll filling and drizzled with a delicious cream cheese glaze. These are pure deliciousness!
The best way to wake up is having a cinnamon roll apart of your breakfast. If you love cinnamon rolls, try this Quick 45 Minute Cinnamon Rolls, Cinnamon Roll Cookies or Cinnamon Roll Cupcakes.
Delicious Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
As I was making this delicious cinnamon roll pancake creation I thought to myself… why haven’t I made these until now? A pancake swirled with cinnamon sugar and an amazing cream cheese glaze on top. Doesn’t get much better than that!
I knew my kids would just go nuts over these pancakes. So I doubled the recipe and made a big batch. I am going to freeze some for my boys so they can be heated up before school. I know best mom ever! Heres the problem, only 3 made them in the freezer. They were so amazing my boys couldn’t get enough! Then my boys wanted a bedtime snack and heated up the rest. So I am left with zero. That is okay though. It gives me an excuse to make these pancakes again. My boys said they were the best thing ever. They especially loved the cream cheese glaze on top!
These cinnamon roll pancakes are so simple to make. To make them even easier substitute the homemade pancake recipe for your favorite pancake recipe from a box. It will still have the same great flavor with the cinnamon roll filling circled over the pancake mix. These pancakes are a huge hit and won’t last long. A delicious cinnamon roll in the form of a pancake that the whole family will love!
Cinnamon Roll Pancakes Ingredients:
- Unsalted butter, melted
- Light brown sugar
- Ground cinnamon
Cream Cheese Glaze:
- Unsalted butter
- Cream cheese, at room temperature
- Powdered sugar
- Vanilla extract
Pancakes: (Can also use a box)
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Egg, lightly beaten
- Canola or vegetable oil
How to make Cinnamon Roll Pancakes:
- To make the cinnamon filling: Combine brown sugar, melted butter, and cinnamon in a medium size bowl. Scoop into a baggie and set aside.
- For the glaze: In a small pan melt the butter over low heat. Whisk together the cream cheese, vanilla and powdered sugar. Take off of the heat and set aside until ready to use on pancakes.
- To make the pancakes: Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk together the milk, egg, and oil.
- Heat skillet to medium low: Once preheated, spray with non-stick spray. Add about ½ cup of the batter to the skillet. Wait until bubbles start to form. Snip the corner of the cinnamon filling, and create a swirl pattern in the center of the pancake as pictured above. See notes. Be careful not to get it too close to the edge. With a wide metal spatula flip the pancake over and continue cooking for an additional 1-2 minutes until golden brown.
- Clean the pan: Wipe out the pan each time and repeat with the remaining batter. Warm the glaze if needed and drizzle over pancakes.
Tips on Making Cinnamon Roll Pancakes:
- Stir cinnamon filling: Before using the cinnamon filling mixture to swirl on top of the pancakes, open up the bag and re-stir to make sure that the butter is fully incorporated.
- Griddle or skillet: Use a nonstick skillet or griddle when making cinnamon roll pancakes. These pancakes tend to stick a little a bit with the cinnamon roll filling.
- Cinnamon filling: This is best if it is a thick texture. If it is too thin the cinnamon filling will run in the pancake.
- Bubbles: Once the cinnamon roll pancakes begins to have several small bubbles over top, flip your pancake using a thin spatula.
More Delicious Breakfast Ideas: