Get ready for some delicious and healthy waffles that are going to knock your socks off! These protein waffles are absolutely delicious, and you can whip them up in less than 10 minutes!
Healthy and hearty breakfast solutions are all the rage, especially at the beginning of the year! If you are looking for more recipes like this, try out these homemade protein bars, these delicious Keto pancakes, or this creamy detox smoothie.
What are Protein Waffles?
If you love waffles but always feel guilty after eating them because they are the healthiest of options, then this recipe is coming to your rescue! Protein waffles are filled with healthy and hearty ingredients! wllYou would never know that these were “healthy” based on taste alone because they are absolutely divine! These ingredients will elevate your favorite breakfast food in not only health but taste!
Made with oats, cottage cheese, and eggs along with a bit of vanilla flavoring, these waffles are going to surprise you! They taste amazing on their own, or you can top them with some delicious syrup, fruit, or homemade jam. Plus, they are not only delicious to the taste, but they are so easy to make! They store easily, and you can pop them in the microwave or toaster to warm them right up. In fact, I suggest that you double the recipe when you make them and save some in your fridge for breakfast all week!
Healthy Ingredients in Protein Waffles
Ok, now that I have convinced you to try out these amazing waffles, you are going to see the ingredients list and realize that I wasn’t kidding! These waffles are made with only four ingredients! See the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Eggs: You will be using a whole egg plus some egg whites. This will bind together the batter and make it smooth.
- Rolled Oats: The oats are going to be what gives these that hearty depth. They will make it so that these waffles fill you up!
- Cottage Cheese: The cottage cheese is where you are going to get the bulk of the protein in these waffles. No protein powder needed!
- Vanilla Extract: This ingredient adds the perfect amount of sweetness to the waffles.
How to Make Protein Waffles
Get ready to be amazed when these protein waffles are ready to eat in less than 10 minutes! How can you resist a healthy meal option that’s quick, easy, and delicious?
- Preheat: Preheat waffle maker according to manufacturers instructions.
- Blend: Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Spray: Lightly spray the waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cook: Add batter to preheated waffle iron, and cook until waffle is crisp to your liking.
- Serve: Serve with fresh berries and pure maple syrup!
Toppings and Mix-Ins
I have many ideas on how you can change these protein waffles up so that you can make them all the time! It’s easy to add a few mix-ins or top them with different things. Here are some ideas!
- Toppings: Its no secret that waffles taste delicious with fresh ingredients piled on top! I love to use fresh fruits such as bananas, raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, or blackberries. You can swicth things up by making these a dessert waffle and adding on some delicious ice cream on top!
- Spreads: I love to drench my waffles in some sort of spread or syrup. It may not add to the healthiness of the waffle but it sure does taste good! Try some buttermilk syrup, peanut butter, nutella, or some cinnamon honey butter on top!
- Mix-in options: Take these waffles to the next level and add in some delicious food to the batter. Try mini chocolate chips, blueberries or, if you want to make these for a special birthday breakfast then put in some rainbow sprinkles. My kids love it when I mix things in! Then it’s healthy and fun.
How to Store Leftovers
These protein waffles make fantastic leftovers! Double the batch and eat them all week long. Here is how you can store (or freeze) them.
- In the Fridge: When your waffles have cooled then place themin an airtight conteiner and ut them in your fridge. They will last for about 3 days. When you are ready to eat them again then just pop them in the microwave for 45 seconds and you are good to go!
- In the Freezer: Place the leftover waffles in an airtight ziplock bag and label it with the date. Your waffles can last p to 3 months in the freezer. Take them out and pop them into the toaster when you are ready to eat them, no need to thaw them first!