Egg Muffins are one of the most versatile breakfast recipes. You can never go wrong, and you can create a number of variations. Super easy and a big batch can be ready in 30 minutes!
If you love make ahead breakfast recipes, try our freezer friendly potato veggie frittata, chocolate chip zucchini muffins, easy granola bars and breakfast burritos.
Easy Baked Egg Muffins
Whether you have a big family to feed or its just the two of you, these egg muffins can forever come to your rescue. They are a great make-ahead breakfast that can be prepped quickly. You can make these ahead with lots of different variations, so a repeat breakfast during the week doesn’t feel boring or freeze them for later! They are so fun to eat because you can just grab and go. And nutritious, healthy and super tasty. It doesn’t get better than this!
These muffins are absolutely delicious! And they can really feed a hungry crowd! Plus everyone can pick their favourite toppings and make their own favourite egg muffins. Which for me is a win-win!
Start with prepping all your ingredients. This is probably the most time consuming part of the recipe, but if you buy pre-cut veggies at the supermarket, this becomes easy peasy. Or better still, get the family together to help you. These are just some ideas. Feel free to go wild and pick what you like!
Here are a bunch of add-ins to choose from:
- Bell Peppers
- Cheeses Like Cheddar, Feta Or Goats Cheese
Make the egg mixture next. I like to whisk together eggs, cream, finely chopped onions, salt and pepper. This forms the base and goes with anything you decide to add in your egg muffins.
- Assembling these is really easy. Take a 6 hole or 12 hole muffin tray and spray it generously with oil or butter, add your toppings and fill it up with the egg mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes and this is ready!
- You can choose to line the tray with paper liners, but if you spray the tin generously, the muffins just come out easily.
- In the pictures, you’ll see that I’ve used mushrooms, spinach and cherry tomatoes and bell peppers for three different combinations. And feta of course!
Storing Eggs Muffins:
- Storage: Store these in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days, or wrap them individually and freeze in a ziplock bag for up to 3 months
- Reheat: To reheat, microwave for 30 secs to a minute till the center is warmed through.
More Favorite Breakfast Recipes: