Jalapeno Bacon Cheese Ball is a creamy, soft cream cheese ball mixed with a little spice from jalapeños and added spices rolled in crunchy bacon, chopped green onions and salty pecans. This is the perfect holiday appetizer!
The perfect combination of spice and creaminess from this cheeseball. If you love the spice from a jalapeño try this Jalapeno Poppers Recipe with Bacon, Cheeseburger Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers or Jalapeno Popper Dip.
Jalapeno Bacon Cheese Ball
Jalapeño Bacon Cheese Ball is loaded with cheese, bacon, and jalapeños. This is always the biggest hit at any party! I have had this secret obsession lately with jalapeños since I made this Jalapeno Cornbread.
I have always been a wuss when it comes to things that are spicy, so I have been afraid to always give anything with jalapeños a try. Boy have I been missing out! The cream cheese helps to cool down the jalapeños and gives it just enough of a kick to give it amazing flavor. This is a true holiday appetizer that is prefect for your holiday parties this season!
What You Need To Make A Jalapeño Bacon Cheese Ball
This Jalapeño Bacon Cheese Ball was hands down one of the best cheese balls I have ever had! All of the things that I loved about that dip were packed inside and out of this cheeseball. Cream cheese, cheddar cheese, jalapeños, all came together to make this yummy cheese ball that you won’t be able to get enough of. Oh but let’s not forget the bacon! Everything’s better with bacon and this cheese ball not only had them inside, but it is rolled in bacon! This is the ultimate cheese ball and I know it will be a hit wherever you take it!
- Cream cheese: softened
- Jalapeños: seeded and finely chopped, divided
- Cheddar cheese: shredded
- Bacon: cooked and chopped, divided
- Green onions: chopped
- Seasoning salt: added seasoning
- Garlic: minced
- Worcestershire sauce: extra flavoring
- Cumin: seasoning with a little earthy spice
- Pecans: coarsely chopped
How to Make Jalapeño and Bacon Cheese Ball
A delicious cheese ball packed with bacon and jalapeños. The cream cheese cools down the jalapeños combining it all into one amazing cheeseball.
- Mix together the cheese ball: In a medium sized bowl, stir together cream cheese, half of the jalapeños, shredded cheddar cheese, half of the bacon, green onions, seasoning salt, minced garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and cumin until fully incorporated.
- Coat the cheese ball: On a large plate combine other half of the bacon, jalapeños, and pecans. Shape the cream cheese mixture into a ball and roll it onto the plate to coat well.
- Chill and serve: Cover with saran wrap and chill for an hour before serving. Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Forming A Cheese Ball
When rolling Cheese Balls I find it easiest to transfer the mixture onto a section of Saran Wrap. Next take and pull the corners together and twisting it to easily form a ball with minimal mess. Then by either cutting the wrap at the base of the twist, or by simply untwisting it to transfer it to a serving dish.
Tips on Making a Perfect Cheese Ball
- Leave your cream cheese on the counter to soften. This will take about one hour leaving it in its container. Once your cream cheese feels cool to the touch then wait another 20 to 30 minutes.
- Mix in different variations of ingredients: walnuts, sliced almonds, crushed crackers or Chex mix and candied pecans or other cheese variations.
- When shredding cheese make sure to not use pre-shredded cheese. Pre-shredded cheese does not work well to stick to things.
- Roll your cheese ball on the counter to help form the shape. Then finish shaping it with your hands.
- Be sure to double to recipe for a larger party or make multiple smaller cheese balls for around the table.
What Goes with The Best Jalapeño Bacon Cheese Ball
Vegetables, crackers and bread are my go-to dipping food. They add some sweet, salty and the perfect texture when dipping into this jalapeño bacon cheese ball.
- Bell peppers: all colors are great and sliced.
- Bread: Usually a harder bread that is sliced and chunked.
- Carrots: baby carrots are perfect for this.
- Crackers: salty crackers are best.
- Cucumbers: sliced in chunks
- Pita chips: buy them by the bag
- Pretzels: go with the bigger, flatter ones that are easier to dip.
More Easy Cheeseball Ideas
There are so many fun ways to make a cheese ball. We love making them and having them apart of our holiday parties. Making a cheese ball recipe is effortless and tastes so good. Not only is it addicting and delicious these cheese ball recipes look even better on your table.
Storing Homemade Cheese Ball
- How to store a jalapeño bacon cheese ball: this cheese ball recipe will last in an airtight container for up to one week in the refrigerator. Make sure your cream cheese ball does not get smashed in the container or roll it again when ready to serve.
- Can you make a jalapeño bacon cheese ball ahead of time? Yes, this is a great make ahead appetizer. Prepare and make your cheeseball as instructed. Right before you add the rolled ingredients refrigerate for up to one week. When you are ready to serve, roll and add the outside ingredients on the cheese ball mixture. Serve and enjoy!
- Can you freeze a jalapeño bacon cheese ball? Yes, you can freeze a cheese ball. It makes it easy to plan ahead for the holidays or other occasions. To prepare them for the freezer, make the cheese ball and wrapt them tightly in plastic and place them in a freezer safe bag. If you are adding a coating, then add that before serving.
More Holiday Appetizers