These pumpkin cream cheese muffins are the perfect combination of moist and savory on the outside and sweet and tangy on the inside! Pumpkin season is officially underway and these muffins are here for it!
Muffins are simple to make and perfect for a grab-and-go snack or breakfast! For more delicious muffin recipes try these Pumpkin Pecan Pie, Apple Crumb, or Easy Banana Muffins.
Homemade Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
Pumpkin cream cheese muffins are YUMMY. They are one of my very favorites recipes to kick off the fall season! I know that you probably have a million other pumpkin recipes that you love but….trust me when I tell you that this one is a MUST TRY! The taste and texture are so delicious that while you are biting into a warm pumpkin muffin and then you see that ooey-gooey cream cheese inside… well, that is a hard one to beat. These muffins are perfect as a dessert! But, I think they are even better as a sweet breakfast or even brunch option! Add in some cinnamon rolls and a hot breakfast casserole and you have yourself a fall feast!
Quick and easy to make, these pumpkin muffins are something that my family goes crazy for! They are moist and packed full of all of the best fall spices! Plus, the ingredients list is simple enough that you most likely have everything at home already! This means that you have no excuse not to try making them right now! Because these are so good and you can eat them warm or cold, I bet that you can’t just stop at one!
Pumpkin Muffins Ingredients
This recipe will totally give you all of those fall vibes. The combination of all the flavors and the spices is what brings it together and will keep you coming back for more! See the recipe card below for a list of exact measurements.
- Flour: All purpose flour provides a solid structure for the muffins.
- Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Cloves: Must have spices with pumpkin.
- Pumpkin pie spice: Adds just that fall flavor! Here is a homemade link too!
- Salt: Balances out the sweet and enhances the other flavors.
- Baking soda: This ingredients is what helps the muffins rise!
- Eggs: The eggs will provide moisture and fluffiness.
- Sugar: This willa dd a delightful sweetness to complement the pumpkin flavor.
- Pumpkin puree: Not to be confused with pumpkin pie filling!
- Vegetable oil: Canola, Vegetable or even coconut oil all work.
Cream Cheese Filling Ingredients
Only two ingredients for the cream cheese filling. It is simple and delicious!
- Cream cheese: Soften by bringing to room temperature or microwaving for 15 sec.
- Powdered sugar: Adds structure and sweetness to the cream cheese filling
How Do You Make Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins?
It’s always a major plus when you find a recipe that you like and tastes amazing. Plus one that is not overly complicated to make! As fancy as cream cheese-filled pumpkin muffins may sound, they are really easy to make! These steps will help walk you through the process.
- Prepare Muffin Tins: Preheat oven to 350 and spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Mix Together: Prepare the filling by combining the cream cheese and powdered sugar in a medium bowl and mixing well until blended and smooth.Transfer filling to a piping bag fitted with a piping tip. (just a regular round piping tip will do fine)
- Muffin Batter: In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, pumpkin pie spice, salt and baking soda; whisk to blend. In the bowl of an electric mixer combine the eggs, sugar, pumpkin puree and oil. Mix on medium-low speed until blended. With the mixer on low speed, add in the dry ingredients, mixing just until incorporated.
- Fill Muffin Tins: Fill muffin tins 2/3 full with muffin batter. Next add the filling. Poke the piping tip into the middle of each muffin batter-filled tin. Squeeze out about 1-2 tablespoons of filling into the batter. (Just guess, it doesn’t need to be exactly 2 tablespoons, just enough to fill the center of the muffin)
- Bake: Bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick comes out mostly clean. Allow to cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Can You Freeze Pumpkin Muffins with Cream Cheese Filling?
When it comes to freezing pumpkin cream cheese muffins that is definitely an option. There are just a couple of things you have to keep in mind so that you properly freeze them so that they can last as long as possible.
- Cool: Make sure muffins are cooled completely before wrapping and freezing.
- Write the date: Store them in an airtight container and write the date on it before putting it into the freezer. Muffins can last up to 3 months frozen!
- Thaw: You can let them defrost by room temperature
- Reheat: If you are using a microwave: Place the unwrapped muffin on a napkin or a microwave-safe paper towel or plate. Microwave on HIGH about 30 seconds for each muffin. If you are using an oven: it is recommended that you foil-wrapped muffins and re-heat at 350°F 10 to 15 minutes, depending on the size of the muffins.
How Do You Store Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins?
Make sure that you store your muffins in an airtight container in the fridge! The cream cheese will go bad sitting out on your counter. They will last 3-5 days in your fridge if you can even last that long without eating them all!