Warm, fluffy, and chocolatey, these Chocolate Chip Pancakes are worth waking up for! Super easy, fast and inexpensive, pancakes are a perfect way to start the morning.
Everyone loves pancakes especially classics like Grandma’s Perfect Fluffy Pancakes or The Best Buttermilk Pancakes. Adding chocolate to an already super yummy breakfast staple is a MUST!
Chocolate Chip Pancake Recipe
This combines the two best things that make mornings worth getting out of bed for. Carbs and chocolate. These stick to your ribs pancakes have just enough chocolate to make them a treat without being overpowering. It’s a win win. Kids will eat them up, (adults too) and parents don’t have to feel guilty about it. I like to pair with something a bit savory like bacon, eggs or sausage to balance the sweet.
Top these with your favorite toppings, we have some ideas listed below or just some butter. They are so good you don’t need too much. These will turn an ordinary day into a special occasion just because. Stirring the chocolate chips into the batter keeps them from burning yet allows them to get melty and sweet. You are going to love these!
Simple ingredients for a quick morning meal! Pantry staples that will help make these pancakes come together easily.
- Egg: Use extra large eggs
- Oil: Canola oil gives you the fat you need without the flavor other oils can add.
- Milk: Feel free to substitute with buttermilk if you wish
- Vanilla: Adds a touch sweetness
- Flour: All purpose, unbleached are both good.
- Salt: Balances the sweet.
- Sugar: Adds just enough of sweetness but too much.
- Baking Powder:This is your rising agent for fluffy pancakes.
- Chocolate Chips: The star of the recipe
How to Make Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Mix it up and you are good to go! These are light and fluffy pancakes that are a family favorite!
- Wet: In a medium bowl whisk the egg, oil, milk, and vanilla together.
- Dry: In a separate bowl combine the flour, salt, sugar and baking powder.
- Mix: Fold the dry into the wet and mix just till combined. Gently mix in the chocolate chips
- Cook: Grease a skillet preheated on medium, spoon the batter into the skillet, once bubbles form on top, flip them and cook till golden brown.
Tips and Variations For The Best Chocolate Chip Pancake
It’s hard to get much better than they already are but here are some ways.
- Rest: Let your mix rest for about 5 min before cooking. Preheat your skillet during this time to allow the mix to rest.
- Chocolate: You can use any kind of chocolate for these. Try mini chocolate chips, milk, dark, or even white chocolate chips.
- Flour: You can use whole wheat flour for these, use ¾ cup of whole wheat flour for every 1 cup of reg flour and add 2 more tablespoons of liquid
- Double: Need to cook for a small army or just hungry teenager. This is easy to double, or even triple.
- Freeze: Double or triple the batch and cook all the extras. Once completely cooled store in a freezer safe ziploc bag for quick breakfasts in the morning. Take out your desired amount and heat in the microwave or toaster. A nice way to have pancakes on those busy mornings.
- Syrup: Be sure to heat your syrup so it doesn’t cool off your pancakes.
Toppings for Homemade Pancakes
Besides just eating these plain with a pat of butter, you can really go wild with toppings.
- Strawberries: Chocolate covered strawberries anyone?
- Raspberries: Fresh is best but thawed frozen is still amazing.
- Whip cream: Because everything is better with whip cream
- Syrup: Real Maple Syrup is divine.
- Peanut Butter: Haven’t tried it? It’s so good especially with maple syrup drizzled over the peanut butter.
- Powdered Sugar: A kid favorite.
- Coconut: Chocolate and coconut just go together.
- Jam: Any flavor works.
More Pancake Love’n
Pancakes for breakfast, lunch and dinner, YES please!