Good winter clothing is important to keep men warm and stylish. It’s better to have quality clothes in timelessly classic fashion that will last for many years than fashion items that look good for one winter and then are trash from there. In winter, it’s important to wear layers of clothing to comfortably transition from indoors to outdoors. Here are a few things to keep in mind when choosing winter clothing: Choose warm clothing that is easy to layer and is water-repellent so it won’t absorb water and is durable. It is better to choose clothes that can be worn in multiple outfits so that a coat can be worn formally or with a casual outfit. This way there is no need to buy too many clothes, but what is available can be used for different outfits.
Must have winter clothing
There are many items you need to kickstart your winter wardrobe. Some of them are:
- Outer Coat – A warm outer coat is an essential winter garment for all men. Various coats are suitable for winter, including a pea coat, trench coat, wool coat or leather jacket. For all these coats and jackets, opt for dark or neutral colors that can be combined with casual or formal outfits. Go for a classically tailored coat that will be on trend for years to come. Outer winter coats should ideally be warm and have some water-wicking properties to retain warmth.
- Beanie Hat – There are other beanie hats than the classic plain one which is better suited for formal outfits while a hat with a lump at the top is more suitable for more casual outfits. A hat keeps your head warm and comfortable. A ribbed hat is warmer than a fine one. Choose a hat that covers your ears, is warm enough, and fits well. A loose beanie hat lets in cold air.
- Jeans – Jeans are great winter pants. Choose heavier denim to keep warm and darker colors, for example black, navy blue denim and other bolder shades of gray. The best jeans for winter fit well. Get high-quality pants that will last a long time, even with heavy rotation, without wearing out.
- Sweaters – Sweaters are a must-have in winter. They keep you warm and are a great addition to any outfit. They are versatile as they can be worn with a shirt or in one color. It offers many possibilities for a stylish outfit. The best winter sweaters are cotton, wool, and cashmere, which are warm and comfortable against the body. There are different sweater styles like crew neck, V neck, turtleneck and many others. Sweaters come in different thicknesses, like a sheer sweater that’s great as a first layer, a heavy cable-knit sweater, while a fisherman sweater isn’t too bulky.
The best brands of men’s winter clothing
Many great companies put together good winter clothing for men. Some of the best are:
- Uniqlo – Uniqlo is unique in the style and cut of their menswear. Their jackets and coats are high quality, stylish and come in many different styles from the classic pea coat to the fashionable down jacket in different colors suitable for different age groups. This Japanese brand has clothing for men big or small, making it a great shopping option.
- Everlane – Everlane is known for its sweaters and jackets. The only thing that makes this brand stand out is that the brand makes their clothes in an ethical way, which is a great option for people looking for conscious fashion.
- Kenzo – Kenzo is a good brand for durable clothing that stands out. The brand uses modern French and Japanese styles to create fashionable, high-quality clothing. As Kenzo is a luxury label, the coats and jackets they make are sure to last.
- Old Navy – Old Navy is a timeless brand with a wide range of winter clothing for men. They are popular for their beanie hats, scarves, gloves, jackets, coats, shirts and other winter-ready clothing. They have a wide range of clothing for men of different sizes.
- Moncler – This brand makes luxury coats for men, especially for the outdoors. The stylish and durable coats keep you warm even in harsh winter weather.