Are you planning on making a nice dinner anytime soon? Maybe you’re going out to a friend’s house and need to bring a dessert? Either way, we’ve got you covered. This incredible chocolate cake is going to blow your friends’ minds! Not only is it incredibly delicious, but it’s also not very difficult to make. Once you serve this decadent homemade chocolate cake, you and your friends won’t be able to think of any other cake again, we guarantee it. Even if you don’t consider yourself to be a good baker or cook, this recipe is the perfect one to follow. As long as the measurements are correct and you time everything, there’s no way to go wrong. So, what are you waiting for? Get baking!
What You’re Going To Need
- 1 1/2 cups (300gr) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (110gr) packed light-brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (70gr) unsweetened cocoa powder (scoop and level to measure)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup (235ml) boiling water
- 3/4 cup (175ml) vegetable oil or canola oil
- 1/4 cup (56gr) unsalted butter – melted
- 2 large eggs
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups (256gr) all-purpose flour (scoop and level to measure)
- 1/2 (116gr) cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup (80ml) milk
How To Make It
- The first thing you want to do is preheat your oven to 350 degrees (175C). Butter two 9-inch round cake pans before lining the bottom of each one with a round piece of parchment paper. Butter the parchment paper as well. If you want more level cakes, wrap the cake pans with baking strips that have been soaked and fully saturated in water. Or, you could cut the top to level it after baking it.
- Grab a large, heat-proof mixing bowl. Whisk together the granulated sugar, light brown sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Carefully pour boiling water into the cocoa mixture. Immediately, whisk the mixture to blend it well. Once you’ve done that, allow it to cool for 5 minutes.
- Use an electric hand mixer on a low speed to blend in the vegetable oil and melted butter until it’s all combined. Then, add the eggs, the egg yolks, and vanilla extract before mixing it again until combined. After that, add the flour and blend it all until combined. Finish off by blending in the milk and sour cream until it’s just combined.
- Once you’ve got your mixture ready, divide it evenly among the 2 pans you’ve prepared. Bake the cakes in the preheated oven until a toothpick you inset into the center of the cake comes out completely clean. This will take about 29-34 minutes in total. Allow the cakes to cool in the pans for 5 minutes once they’re out of the oven. Before taking them out of the pans, run a butter knife around the edge of the cake to ensure it will come out smoothly. Flip the cakes onto a wire rack and allow them to cool completely.
- If you’d like to, level the cakes. Add frosting of your choice onto the top of one cake layer before topping it with the second cake. Then, frost the top and sides of the cake. Make sure to store it in an airtight container.